After experiencing an injury, whether it be from a car accident, a slip in fall, or medical malpractice you may accrue hefty medical bills. In many cases, the injury may prevent you from working, putting even more of a burden on you and your family. If another party is responsible for your injury, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages.
Compensatory damages compensate you for the costs affiliated with your injury.
Special compensatory damages include:
- Medical expenses (this includes past and future)
- Cost of hospital stays, medical treatment and bills
- Physical therapy.
- Pain management.
- Doctors appointments.
- Cost of prescription medication.
- Medical transport (ambulance).
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity.
General compensatory damages include:
- Pain and suffering, including mental anguish and distress.
- Lower quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium/companionship
- Physical disfigurement and impairment
Punitive damages are not meant to compensate you for your losses but punish the party responsible for causing you harm. They are awarded much less than compensatory damages.
How to claim compensation for a personal injury
Dana & Dana Attorneys at Law have a knowledgeable staff of expert attorneys with over 25 years of experience dealing with personal injury claims. They can help you collect evidence, dealt-fault at fault parties and fight so that you get the maximum compensation for your damages and losses.
Contact Dana & Dana About Car Accident Cases
It is possible to recover the money you need after a personal injury, but only if you file a lawsuit on time. Contact Dana & Dana, a personal injury law firm in Providence, Rhode Island, to see if you have grounds for a lawsuit.