Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
Traumatic Brain Injuries or TBIs can have many causes, but in every case their effects are devastating. Our firm routinely works with victims of traumatic brain injuries to get them the compensation they deserve and need to live a comfortable life.
Legal assistance for people with a TBI
The brain injury attorneys in our Providence office have decades of combined experience helping victims of traumatic brain injuries recover compensation for their injuries. After suffering a brain injury our clients often feel worried about the costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation as well as the costs of living with a disability. A lawsuit handled by our firm helps our clients regain the financial stability they need to live a comfortable life. And with our no cost guarantee you will not pay a dime unless we are able to recover compensation for you.
Brain injury legal consultations
After you contact our firm we will set up a time to sit down with you for a free initial consultation. This consultation is an opportunity for you to get to know the attorneys, and for the attorneys to tell you whether you have a valid case. You tell us what happened, we tell you how we can help. There are many causes of brain injuries but to have a valid case you must have been injured by the negligent, reckless, or intentional act of another.
Working with Dana and Dana towards a brain injury resolution
After our initial consultation we will begin immediately working with you to reach the best possible resolution to your case. The first step in this process is making sure that you receive the medical treatment you need to get better as fast as possible. To this end our firm will put you in touch with top medical professionals in the area. We will help to make sure that your injuries are documented and treated by preeminent brain injury doctors.
While you focus on treatment we will be focused on moving your case towards a resolution. We will resolve your case either through an out of court settlement or a trial. Our firm will consult with medical and economic experts to assist us in explaining how your injury occurred and how it has affected your life. We will deal with insurance companies and defense lawyers on your behalf. Our attorneys will be your guides through the process and will be constantly available to you to answer any questions while your case is ongoing.
Traumatic brain injury law frequently asked questions
- Medical Expenses: Under Rhode Island law a victim of a brain injury may receive compensation for past, present, and future medical expenses. In addition, a brain injury victim may be eligible to receive compensation to cover the costs of in-home care and rehabilitation expenses, such as physical, occupational, and speech therapists, as well as home health aides.
- Lost Wages and Lost of Future Earning Capacity: Brain injury victims are entitled to recover compensation for time that they missed from work as a result of their injury. Further, if a brain injury victim is unable to continue working after his injury he is entitled to recover compensation for the money he would have earned if he had not been injured.
- Pain and Suffering: Brain injury victims often suffer from excruciating physical and emotional pain, they are entitled to recover compensation for this pain. Our attorneys work to make sure our clients recover compensation for this pain that may include chronic headaches, lifestyle changes resulting from the injury, and an overall reduced quality of life.
- Loss of Consortium: The parents or spouse of a brain injury victim is entitled to compensation for their loss of consortium. This means that they can recover for the loss of companionship as a result of the victim’s injury.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages are awarded in cases of extremely egregious or reckless conduct on the part of a defendant. These damages are designed to punish a person whose conduct caused the injury, and deter others from engaging in similar conduct in the future.